Desalination plant AZUD OSMOTIC, for brackish and sea water desalination by Reverse Osmosis membranes for application in irrigation and industry.
The RO process is based on the application of high pressure to a concentrated solution of salts in contact with a semi permeable membrane (which allows the passage of water and retains the salts), to reserve the natural process of osmosis to obtain a salt-free water (permeate) and a rejection (brine) whith high salt concentration.
Reverse osmosis advantages
- Widespread and proven process, very compact and with great modularity.
- The membrane is a phisical barrier that can remove suspended solids and microorganisms, and most of the dissolved substances in water (99%).
- It is a very simple technology, easy operation and maintenance.
- Pretreatment; necessary equipment to avoid physical and biological fouling of membranes.
- High pressure pump and frequency converter.
- Reverse Osmosis membranes, encapsulated in pressure vessels.
- Flushing system.